CFP® Partner & Private Wealth Advisor
Hometown: Roanoke, VA
What quality of yours makes you best suited to what you do?
My best trait is my high level of responsibility. I feel responsible to our clients to give them my very best effort and treat their wealth like it were my own. This drives me to complete extensive research, have a high level of accountability, and have empathy for clients that are like an extended family to me.
How should people think about their wealth?
Wealth comes through goal setting, patience, and hard work. The purpose of wealth is to fund a plan or future. A plan involves writing these goals down and understanding why you are working as hard as you are to save. Is it to retire sooner, travel more, pay for a child’s education, or something else? Regardless of the reason, this “why” is what we are passionate to help our clients accomplish.
Favorite Quote or Personal motto
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé
How do you spend your time outside of work?
I enjoy listening to podcasts, with my current favorites including Planet Money, Stuff You Should Know, and the Bill Simmons Podcast. I play sports in an intermural league and enjoy many outdoor activities. I am a self-proclaimed movie enthusiast, and currently am making my way through the IMDB top 250 movies with a goal to complete the list.
What accomplishments are you most proud of?
I was a first-generation college graduate. This required me to figure out a lot on my own and gave me the determination that I needed to be prepared for life after school. It has also helped me realize the value of education and to constantly learn. Whether it be in financial planning, or any other subject area one of my main life goals is to learn something new every day.
Education, Licenses & Affiliations:
- Virginia Tech – BA in Finance With an Emphasis in Financial Planning
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Currently pursuing Certified Financial Transitionist® (CeFT®) designation
- Series 7: “General Securities License”
- Series 63: “State Securities License”
- Series 66: “Uniform Combined State Law Examination”
- SIE: “Securities Industry Essentials Examination”
- Life & Health Insurance Licensed
- Member of the FPA NCA ( Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area)
- Member of National Capital Region Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
- HR Block Income Tax Course Participant
- Virginia Notary Public Commission
- Investment advisor representative of Triad Hybrid Solutions and a registered representative of Triad Advisors
Download Eric’s Executive Profile