Recent Investment Focus webinar with the St James Investment Co.
We talked about how interest rates affect stocks, about the Magnificent 7 making the S&P 500 more concentrated than it’s ever been, and we talked about St James’ patient, time-tested approach to value investing and how owning great businesses helps clients in the long-term. Watch at your convenience at ArgentBridge.com.
Financial Planning Year-End Punch List – a few things you can do to help you work towards better outcomes
- Assess any changes – Make a list and bounce it off your advisor.
- Give your taxes a little thought – if you got/are getting a good bonus, made more than you thought, had some windfall income, let your advisor know.
- Review your budget for accuracy – Leads to better planning for the future
- Make sure your company retirement plans are fully funded!/li>
- Charitable giving – If you want to gift, to charity or loved ones, tell your advisor! There’s lots of giving strategies out there and we want to help you make the most of your generosity.
- Year-end not necessarily a time to shuffle your investments. Historically the months in Q4 and Q1 are relatively strong. Make that discussion a year-round one with Argent Bridge.
- I-Bonds – Is it worth owning?
- I-bonds purchased in the last few years may be less competitive than current US Treasuries that can be locked in.
Each I-bond is different and the time it was purchased and the length it’s been held needs to be considered.
If you have I-bonds, show them to your advisor, let us take a look and see if there’s a way we can improve your outcome.
- Focus on your spending- Maintaining your normal spending plan, when funded by distributions from your investments, eats up bigger chunks of your assets when the markets decline. So adjusting your spending is a great way to improve your investing outcome.Thank you for your continued trust and partnership.
Joe Gallemore, CIMA®, Partner